Tuesday, March 12, 2013

More from a Resident of House of St. Francis


STEP BY STEP

1.       There’s a road to a river I must cross,

To get from this point of powerlessness

To that yonder point of POWER.

As I move on I may get lost or backtrack,

But there’s a bridge

 With 12 STEPS I must tread,

And step by step, day by day

It would get me there.

Don’t know why, don’t know when

But when I get there,

I will KNOW,

Because I’ll take it day by day,

STEP BY STEP

 

2.        The road is rough and rugged,

Danger all along the way,

Rabid dogs lying in wait

But I won’t let my spirit fail me

Will strive to get to my destination

I’ll call on my Higher Power,

And take it day by day,

STEP BY STEP.

 

3.       I wont give up,

Keep on moving won’t stop

I may be hurting,

I may be bruised

But I won’t let the bad times get to me,

I’ll take it day by day

STEP BY STEP

 

4.       I won’t give up,

Holding on to what I found in NA/AA

I’ll get to my destination.

Clinging on to my HIGHER POWER,

I’m going to take it day by day,

And make it there

STEP BY STEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment