Monday, April 13, 2009

Hopeful Way and AA

While Hopeful Way House is independent from Alcoholics Anonymous, we do collaborate and we plan to have AA meetings in the House. Below is an e-mail that we received from an American AA who was visiting Accra last month.

"Dear Friends in Accra, I have told everybody who would listen about my amazing experience with A.A. in Accra, Ghana. When I walked into the meeting on Friday March 20 at 11:30am and saw the Big Books lying on the table, I had this overwhelming sense of comfort and good will. I thought, "I'm going to have a wonderful time in Ghana and I'll be safe!" All of which was true. Thank you so much for being there for me, so that I could attend not one BUT TWO meetings in Accra. I talked to Charles C. since I've returned and told him of my awesome experience.If you need anything at all - Big Books, Twelve and Twelve, anniversary coins, etc. - please let me know and I'll see that you get them.Thanks again for being there for me so that I could attend A.A. in Africa. Ghana is an amazing country - so rich in culture, history and heritage, which we hear very little about in the USA."

Your sister in sobriety,
Rena

No comments:

Post a Comment